Thanks

Smile please tell me how long you will see a difference with vitex?

please everyone could you tell me how long those it take for vitex to work? I am really curious to know , because i am planning to start vitex soon. I really hope it works! ps will vitex will interfere with metformin and dexamethasone?? thanks amalia :p

Thanks

Talking vitex

Hello amalia:

Well I started taking vitex Feb 14/02, AF arrived 2 weeks later. Since then she has been showing up every 31-34 days. Prior to vitex I was at 60+days.

I've been reading other posts about vitex and somepeople have seen no results in 5 months. Some say that it can take upto 6 months to really work. The brand that i'm taking says that you should see results within 3 months. So really everybody is different and you just have to try it and see.

As for the metformin and dexamethasone with vitex I don't know, I'm only taking vitex and folic acid.

I know that this really doesn't give you much of an answer but hope it helps.
    34 years old, dh 36 years old
    thanks to vitex had John-Paul 01/30/03

Thanks

Talking hello

thanks for responding , i am really glad it worked for you. Could i ask what brand you are taking ?and tell me more , how did vitex helped you. i am really curious if it really helps you to ovulate. i will leave you my e-mail adresse it's( marilenaandtony@aol.com.) please tell me the brand you are taking and how did it help you. were your periods not regular, and are u insulin resistant? sorry for all the questions i really want all the info possible before i start taking it ! thanks marilena

Thanks

Default Sundown

The brand that i'm taking is sundown. I was taking nature's way, nature's way was bought at shopper's drug mart and the sundown was bought at the A&P.

I taking 2 tablets a day (not sure of the doseage as I took of the label to read the background and that had the doseage on it.)

Again I saw results within 2 weeks. Prior to this I was having periods every 2 months. Due to the fact that I'm working midnight shift I have not been temping or anyother form of charting so I can only assume that i'm also oing. The only pcos symptom that I had was the lack of periods. So vitex has really helped with regulating AF.

I just go with the wish that i'm oing since AF is coming regularly ( i realize that just because she comes doesn't mean that you o'd but lets just hope).

I myself had no side effects from vitex, no changes in anything that I noticed.

Hope this helps you.

Feel free to e-mail me at pdvanhal@sympatico.ca

dale
    34 years old, dh 36 years old
    thanks to vitex had John-Paul 01/30/03

Thanks

Post Hiya

I posted this link on another vitex related topic on this board so you may have already seen it, but I really like the way she explains how, why, and when it works....

http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Vitex_RedMoonHerbs.htm

My experience with Vitex:

I started taking it in March. I was on it for 2 weeks and then something amazing happened. For the first time in over 10 years, I ovulated I was so happy, but was convinced that it was a fluke, then I ovulated in April...and 4 days ago it happened again. AF has shown at 31 day intervals so far (it's only been twice)

I don't know if vitex will affect the met or dex, but I do know it must not be taken with clomid--they counteract each other.

I am taking vitex made by Solaray. It is 225mg of chasteberry extract and 100mg of chasteberry with .5% anguside (the active ingredient) and is guaranteed potency. With some herbs, especially whole herbs, it is hard to know EXACTLY how much of the active ingredient you are getting. That's why I chose the extract form.

If you have more questions, please PM me...

Andie
    ttc #1 since 1994
    diagnosed with PCOS 11/01
    trying herbs and (IR)diet first

Currently on: Vitex, chromium pic, vitamin b-6, women's multi-vitamin...and also using licorice root and progesterone cream.

See my chart:
    http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/123ed/

Thanks

Wink thanks

thank-you andy for the reply, i am so excited to start vitex .

i am so irregular with periods that the metformin is not working the way i thought it will, but lots of people had success with vitex and that's great news. me and dh are TTc our first i hope vitex will help. please andy if ever you get more information please e-mail me at marilenaandtony@aol.com. have a nice day

Thanks

Everybody is different. I noticed the change after 3 weeks. Dr couldn`t belive it, but it was true - I ov on the CD 68

But for some people it can take up to 6 months, so do not loose hope if you do not notice change imidiatly.
    Tiina
    -------------
    30 yrs,dh 30

Vitex, L-Thyroxin, Soy

DS Freddy Aleksander born July 22, 2003 (my "herbal" baby)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

TTC #2 from January 2004

Thanks

I've been taking it since beginning of Feb. 2 weeks after I started, I got my "period" (I know it was anovulatory, since I've been taking my temperature, and it was very light, just staining)

I am still taking Vitex, with no results so far.