Thanks

Default Cramps AFTER my period?

I have been getting bad cramps AFTER my period as well as before. Does anyone else have that or know why?

Also, I have a silly question. Can you ovulate without starting your period (not being pregnant) and can you have a period without ovulating? Just wondering.... Sometimes I feel like I am ovulating and I don't start. Without any medicine I've gone from 3 to 9 months with no period, but I still get the cramps and PMS.

Registered User curvaceous_angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to move this to Do you have this problem. You are more likley to get more responses there.
    ~Ramona~
    I'm 25, recently divorced and starting my life again.
    Currently no meds, just diet and exercise. 255/208/160
    I was in a wreck on feb. 2nd and just trying to recover from that for now.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." --Phillips Brooks (1835 - 1893)

Thanks

Default Re: Cramps AFTER my period?

Count me in! I usually have cramps for a few days after Aunt Flo goes away. I've had that for about a year now. It could be PCOS related, or it could be related to my uterine polyps and endometriosis. I should ask my ob/gyn when I see him next week.

You can definitely have a period without ovulating. BPC stop ovulation and generally speaking you get your period when on BCPs. When I was on BCP (I'm on them again, rats!) I didn't ovulate because the BCP kept me from ovulating (that was after all, their job) but I did get periods every month. Not light ones either, real 5 day long periods that got worse towards the end and got much worse when i stopped taking BCP.

Laura

Originally posted by stac8454
    I have been getting bad cramps AFTER my period as well as before. Does anyone else have that or know why?

Also, I have a silly question. Can you ovulate without starting your period (not being pregnant) and can you have a period without ovulating? Just wondering.... Sometimes I feel like I am ovulating and I don't start. Without any medicine I've gone from 3 to 9 months with no period, but I still get the cramps and PMS.
    "Enjoy every sandwich."