Thanks

Default Compounding Metformin

Has anyone ever had Metformin compounded into a liquid form at a natural pharmacy?

I am supposed to take a total of 2000 mg per day and am having such a hard time with swallowing the pills.

If so, how much did it run you and can you normally apply this to your insurance?

Merry Christmas all!

Running & Biking Fool! christyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi from one Christy to Another!

I haven't taken the liquid..hopefully someone can get you that information.

But if you for any reason can't get the liquid version, try the version of metformin called GLYCON. They are thinner than the regular gluc/met and are coated. I used to have trouble with gagging on the other pills and these are a piece of cake for me.

Hope it helps.
    Christy

33 yrs, 1 precious hubby, 2 miracle kids, At Goal Wt for 4 yrs, Trygly's down 445 pts, Free Androgen down from 20 to 2, 3 half 'thons ran, 2 mtns hiked, 1 crazy run in the Rockies, 4 forest trail races, profiled in 2 magazines...1 woman determined to kick PCOS butt!

Hidden Content
    Before & Aug 2007

'08: Duathlon and another half?

Registered User Joanne cira 1973's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you looked in the Alternative Forum?

I have been reading in there about Chromium Picololate being good for women with IR. Also some women are adding Cinnamon to their meals to also treat their IR.

Of course, you need to do your own research & decide for your self. But, I am fairly sure someone at Alt. Forum may be able to help answer your question.

I hate swallowing pills too!

Thanks

Joanne,

I haven't posted there yet, mainly because I wanted to ask users in the specific area about Metformin here.

I already try to take chromium daily, it does seem to really help. I need to be more proactive with it though, not forgetting to take it, etc.

I have heard back from the natural pharmacist. She is going to try to compound me a liquid even though up until now she has never gotten a request for it. I found that odd because they are a large business and this is a heavily populated area.

It is going to cost me twice as much as regular Metformin in pill form, but I luckily can apply it to my insurance.