Thanks

Question The difference between waxing and tweezing?

Ok, what is the difference between waxing and tweezing? I heard from many sources that tweezing is the only method of hair removal that can make the problem worse; then I hear that waxing can sometimes make hair come back finer. So what is the difference between waxing and tweezing? Aren't they doing the same thing, then why is waxing so much better?

Thanks

Well having waxed and tweezed, I can tell you that they do the same thing only waxing is a lot faster and a lot more painful. With tweezing you can control the area better.

I don't think either make the hair thicker, I think that technically they make hair finer over time.

Thanks

Manufacturers of waxing products, and salons that perform these services promote the fact that waxing CAN cause hair to grow back finer over time. However, the opposite can happen as well, which is rarely talked about. Sometimes tweezing or waxing can actually stimulate the hair follicle causing the hair to grow back even coarser than it was before.

It's a gamble, really. You might find YOUR hair grows back finer, or that it grows back coarser. Everybody is different....

Thanks

When I stop procrastinating, I may have professional waxing done. I've been tweezing for yrs. I think having waxing professionally done will be more even, when I tweeze I'm not getting every single hair I want..

Denise...
    In God, I put all my trust...

Thanks

I think it would all depend on *where* you want the hair removed from.

The only area I've had professionally waxed is my eyebrows. It's fast, and not very painful. It gets all the little bitty hairs, and looks really cleaned up. I tweeze to maintain between waxings....but I'd rather have waxing when I can afford it.

That said....I'm the opposite with bikini area. Waxing gives me ingrown hairs, but tweezing doesn't. It's time consuming, but better than dealing with ingrowns.
    I've been off these boards for a while, and have come back because we're TTC.
    No meds, went off BCP July 2010. Just using acupuncture and herbs to get things back on track.

Thanks

I need waxing on my chin and sideburn area.. It gets kinda wild.

Denise..
    In God, I put all my trust...

Thanks

Now to make everything more confusing--when you're getting a professional waxing, they do use tweezers. There are hairs that aren't picked up with the wax so they go in afterwards with tweezers.

Thanks

Post I think...

I had my moustache waxed before and it was fine dark hairs so they didn't need to do a tweezing. Now it's more thicker but I manage to hide it with bleaching, another thing I do is clip it. It's really degrading being a 17 year old and having to clip a moustache. I mean if I just bleach it and let it go, it's not soo bad, but I don't feel comfortable especially after an ignoramous comment some kid at school made about it Sometimes I wonder what is the big deal? I refuse to shave though, I can't handle the psychological and negative connotations with it. But after my BCP starts to kick in, I think I might wax it again. I don't think it was particularly the waxing that made it grow back thicker because it took almost a year before I noticed a difference in the texture and that was another year with out a menstrual cycle. The thing is I once tweezed my stomach hairs and now I'm permanentely ruined. I don't think laser or electrolysis can help me, it makes me sick. Yuck, I hate, I mean I detest body hair. You know, it doesn't bother me on other people, I don't notice people like that, but I hate it on myself. Ah well, what girl doesn't I guess?
    DX 17 without cysts, amazingly enough. A range of sx that include weight gain and excess body hair. Yasmin helping with the hair, my main focus is now weight management which I have been ignoring sadly... But will get on the ball here and soon will have a success story under Tuscar's thread!! We can conquer this ladies. We can win! Our bodies want to, they just don't know how yet! HW190/CW175/GW130

Thanks

Well..I have been waxing my brows for about 8 years or so and started doing my chin in the last few years (recently my neck too). I love it! I used to get it done at the shop my mom worked at, but started buying the same product and using it at home. It really isn't too hard.

I don't think it has made any difference (thicker,thinner, etc) in my hair growth, waxing is just MUCH MUCH MUCH faster and less painful (one quick pain, not over and over like tweezing).

GOOD LUCK!
    StaciieM