not god's anymore ;) Gods_Romantic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How does progesterone help pcos ?

I am hearing so much about natural progesterone cream but I am still a bit confused about how it helps us pcos ladies.

I know it will induce a period ( and a lighter one ) but what else ?

like will it help with hirutism and acne etc ? how ?

if it prevents estrogen dominance then it should stop excess estrogen from being converted to testosterone right ?
    * * *Marisa* * *

Hidden Content

*sigh* that WAS my weight loss.. right now I'm about 10lbs heavier.. I'm a college student trying to get back there.. trying!! really trying!

Thanks

Progesterone is a key treatment in pcos because most women with pcos have low progesterone levels with high estrogen and high testosterone. Or they can have normal progesterone with high estrogen which causes an imbalance in the ratio. According to many experts including Dr. John Lee, Pcos is caused by damaged ovarian follicles which has it's roots in xenoestrogen exposure in the mother's womb. The damage then causes problems with the communication between the ovaries and the pituitary gland so that it produces less progesterone or too much estrogen or both. The menstrual cycle need progesterone to function properly, if it lacks progesterone then the cycle is dominated by testosterone and estrogen. Then, the excess testosterone will interfere with the pancreas and cause insulin resistance. The excess estrogen will interfere with the functioning of the thyroid gland. So progesterone is a key player in restoring ovulation and normal periods so that testosterone and estrogen do not dominate the cycle anymore.

not god's anymore ;) Gods_Romantic's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess what I am asking is will progesterone bring down high estrogen and testosterone levels ?

Also LH levels..
    * * *Marisa* * *

Hidden Content

*sigh* that WAS my weight loss.. right now I'm about 10lbs heavier.. I'm a college student trying to get back there.. trying!! really trying!

Quad Motherin Sista Cysta secsll's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hey romantic...

Theres a killer thread (maybe a sticky even) here in this forum on progesterone benefits...I'm gonna do a search and see if I can find it for you...if I don't post it in a day or two, you might want to just try looking through the forum.
    Savannah
    " Believe and receive it!"
    Hidden Content http://widget-38.slide.com/f2/7915064/bl_t000_v000_a000_f00/images/blank.gif" height="0" width="0"/>