Thanks

Unhappy I feel hung over in the morning, but haven't drank anything!!

Every now and again, I wake up in the morning and I feel hung over! The problem is that I haven't drank anything. I have a dull headache and have a hard time getting moving. I just feel very blah!

Af is going to break free any minute, so I don't think that helps matters.

Does this happen to anyone else??
    Rosie~37
    Happily Married with 2 Children

Dx PCOS, Hashi's

Thanks

Met does that to me ... makes me feel nauseous, headachy, YUK in the mornings. JUST like a hangover.

Lis

Thanks

The thing is that it doesn't happen everyday, just ocasionally. I ate a good dinner last night, grilled fish, asparagus and a salad. I did however eat some little debbies powdered donuts earlier in the day.

I just want to feel normal!!!
    Rosie~37
    Happily Married with 2 Children

Dx PCOS, Hashi's

Thanks

i feel that way a lot in the mornings, regardless of where i am in my cycle. a lot i feel like i got hit in the face with a truck. i've always contributed it to my sleep patterns....i ususally feel fine after about an hour though.

Thanks

could it be that ur dehydrated? maybe thats why it feels like a hangover.when i had really bad depression id often wake up feeling like id hit my head against a wall a thousand times.dont know if its hormones or not but it sure aint nice! having a hangover was the only way i could describe it to my friends/family n they'd say 'u sure u werent on the razz last night?' lol.i know what feeling ummean tho. sorry i cant shed no light t/c xxx
    Sarah (24)
    Vegetarian cyster

DX 11/9/03
    After believing I was going crazy for years I finally have a diagnosis! Hidden Content

Ahhh Sooky-Sooky Now! PCOSPixie's Avatar
    Thanks

I have three theories...

First, when I was on birth control pills I would wake up about once a week and feel very sick for an hour or two. My doctor explained that birth control makes your body think it's pregnant (that's how it works and prevents pregnancy) so, sometimes you will experience morning sickness.

Second, do you eat a lot of carbs? They can affect your body the same as a drug or alcohol. If you eat a big spagetti dinner the night before, it would make sense that they next morning you would be "hung over" from the rush of insulin and adrenaline that carbs cause.

Third, Metformin use to make me very sick. I switched to Glucophage XR (extended release) and the nausea and side effects have really decreased. You may want to look into that. Plus you only have to take it once a day.

Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Thanks

I feel exactly drunk-- but I'm not sure if my 'drunk' is the same as yours. I don't feel just blah or nauseous... I wake up, and I'm almost paralyzed, hard to move, I feel very dry and dehydrated, and everything is really blurry, when I do get up, I'm totally off balance for a while, and when I geet out of be dand leave the room ill fall into the walls and walk crooked and everything. Its CRAZY!