Thanks

Question MEDROXYPR AC 10MG?? (Generic Provera)

My endo subscribed MEDROXYPR AC 10MG (the Generic Provera) for me there is 7 pills in there that im suppose to start tonight.

ok first off... is the generic provera goin to work the same as the regular Provera? I know i've read about ppl saying the metformin dosn't work as good for them as Glucophage. I don't know about this generic stuff, but if anyone knows about how it works let me know. Also shouldn't it be 10 pills and not 7 of them?

ok another question...it sayd on the bottle (DO NOT USE if you are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant)??? OK what is that about? Specially seeing that I want to start TTC with meds becuz my fiance and i have not prevented pregnancy in the 3 years we have been together.
    She did say she thinks that we should wait til i get this whole thing situated/controlled and losing weight before i should TTC.
    ----> So why would i be put on a med that says do not take if you plan to become pregnant?

My next apt is the 27th of June. Should i wait til then to discuss this with her...or what should i do???

I deffinitly want to get pregnant now/at least start trying now with meds, and i would like to start off with Glucophage/Metformin

I need some advise and opinions here really bad! How should i go about this? what should i say? what should i do?
    Input Please
    ~Nylah
    me- 24...just started getting on here again after a few years now!
    DX with PCOS on June 12th 2002
    DX with LOCAH when i was 17, but turns out to be PCOS
    Meds. taken: Dexamethasone, Prednisone, and Yasmin, 850mg of Met 2x/day, and Provera 10mg
    Meds. Currently taking: 1000 met 2x/day

Thanks

Default works the same!

Hi. I just got done taking the generic provera that you mentioned. It worked for me....never used the name brand. I've taken provera 6 or 7 times. I got af 2 days after last pill. It says do not take if you think you are pg because it can in some cases (small %) cause birth defects if you are pg and take it. My RE prescribes it to get me started on a new cycle so I can start my clomid. HTH!

Tracy
    Me~29/DH~28
    TTC #1
    PCOS and IR, clomid and 850-1700mg Metformin (supposed to be taking 1700mg, trying to work my way up)

Thanks

I would bet the "don't take if you want to become pregnant" is just a precaution for the company (you know--a cover yourself type of thing). Even prometrium's literature says if you are planning on becoming pregnant, consult with your doctor and that is given to many pregnant women to support a pregnancy!

I have always used the generic and it always worked for me. Different doctors have given me different prescriptions. I have taken it for 12, 10, 7 and 5 days depending on who prescribed it for me. I got af a few days after the last pill no matter how many days I took it. (Now that I know 5 days will work for me, that is all I usually take).

Jennifer

Thanks

Default provera

My 18 year old daughter has PCOS and is on Met 2000 mg daily. When she first started met her periods came back though they were irregular. She is now away at college and has put on the freshman 15. She has not had a period since she left in august. She took provera in Nov and had one and now she is taking it again to bring one on. Has this happened to anyone else after recent weight gain? She had been stabilized after about a year on metformin and had a cycle every 35 days or so.