Thanks

Default How long does it take metformin to leave your system?

Does anyone know how long it takes metformin to leave your system?

Without too many details, I've had some unauthorized metformin, and now have a chance to talk to an endo about getting it legitimately. The appointment is in 3 weeks. If I stop taking it right now, will my body return to its natural PCOS state in that time? If not, it might be better to stay on it, confess my sins, and let the doctor work from there.

Thanks!

Running & Biking Fool! christyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends how long you were on it, your degree of IR and how dependant your body is on the meds.

I know it would be tough, but I would tell your Dr. You don't want to get your labs back and have them normal or close to it due to the met. Then your Dr would refuse to continue medication because he assumes that hormones are under control. If you tell him the reasons you were on it and for how long, he'll be able to better treat you. The more info we give our Dr's the more educated they can be and can give us more accurate help.

Good luck!
    Christy

33 yrs, 1 precious hubby, 2 miracle kids, At Goal Wt for 4 yrs, Trygly's down 445 pts, Free Androgen down from 20 to 2, 3 half 'thons ran, 2 mtns hiked, 1 crazy run in the Rockies, 4 forest trail races, profiled in 2 magazines...1 woman determined to kick PCOS butt!

Hidden Content
    Before & Aug 2007

'08: Duathlon and another half?

Thanks

Can you point me to any solid information so I can figure it out? I can't seem to come up with the right search parameters.

I appreciate that you would just tell the doctor, and I might do that, but I want to collect some informaiton before making my decision.

Thanks.