Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Non Stop Nausea?

Is anyone else having consistent nausea, yet not pregnant? I've had AF for twoo weeks now and been tested up the wazoo so I know I'm not knocked up. However, doesn't matter what I eat for breakfast or lunch, I'm sick all day long. Dinner however sits just fine. Any have any tips on dealing with chronic nausea?

I'm newly diagnosed with PCOS - like just a week and a half ago. I guess I'm still trying to figure out what's my symptoms of PCOS are, and what might be something totally different.

Thanks!

Thanks

Default Warning TMI :)

For the last couple of weeks I have been feeling sick alot. I haven't felt like eating much at all, tired, and irritable. Certain food will make me feel like yacking just at the smell of them. I made a pea salad for dh the other day, had 2 hand fulls of just the peas, yet the salad for some reason made me feel sick even thinking about it after I made it. There are quite a few foods like that now. Come to think of it, the last time I had a steak, I couldn't finish it because it made me sick to smell it, and that was probably a month ago.

Last night we went to the grocery store. I did ok until on the way out we had to go through the entrance that always stinks (really bad in winter when it is wet). Well, I just about puked right there. Then on the way home dh fluffed and I just about puked then (not normal for me). When we were about 4 blks from home I felt the sudden urge to barf for no reason at all, no bad smells, nothing sick looking, etc. The nausea finally was gone once I stepped into the house. It is weird. Today I am feeling quite fine for now.

All I can think it could be is just a hormonal thing. Of course nausea is something I could produce at whim when I was younger. If there was something I didn't want to do I would just think sick and I would be. Perhaps that is why when I do really get sick, I am really sick. I hope you find out what is wrong and that it can be taken care of. Good luck. Feel better.

Thanks

Default Wow - really?

That's a lot of being sick! Hopefully this passes for me soon. I got sick twice yesterday, and twice the day before, but so far today has been good. Really good in fact. Wonder if it's stress? Oh well, it's still nice to know I'm not alone! Thanks for the well wishes! Same goes for you!

Roxanne

Thanks

It could very well be stress that is making you sick. Lots of people experience stress related sickness. I think alot of mine is probably from depression. But, I don't want to start taking meds for it. I think that I can get my depression under control when my hormones are, which is one of the reasons for the Met. Hopefully seeing some family this next week will help too, even if it is only dh's family.

Take care and do feel better.

Thanks

i went through a phase when before i had an AF, a few days beforehand, i would feel sick or be sick, be very weak, have diarrhea and burp sulphur (which is absolutely gross).. then i would get a minute bleed which could last all of 1 day.. and then it was back to normal.... then that all stopped, until recently when i started the nausea and sulphur burps... but i was already bleedding at the time due to a uterine polyp....
    -------------------------------------------
    45(feels like 99 some days)
    Dx - pcos 1982
    Dx - diabetes 2 1999,
    Tx - metformin slow release 2000mg. Insulin 5 times a day

Loads of other medications.
    -------------------------------
    What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
    Aristotle...

Thanks

Smile Same Problem

Hi Ladies, after I had been taking Met for about three months I started to have the same problem. I would feel sick every time I ate and I would feel sick if I didn't eat . I was Misrable. I asked my doctor about it and he said it was just a side effect from the Met and suggested I eat small meals through out the day. I tried it and it did help a little.

Thanks

Hey, Lori, thanks for the suggestion.

Last night I was sick again and couldn't hold it down. This evening I am sick yet again. It is real tiring and dh is tired of me being sick too. It ruins all the fun.

I think just to be sure I am going to call the doc on tuesday. From what I have been reading, nausea is also a side effect related to lactic acidosis. As I type this I am trying to hold it down. It is only affecting me in the evenings though, so not sure what it could be.

Thanks

Default Wintergreen!

Miracle of miracles - I finally stumbled on something that helps! I found wintergreen gum - Everest Powerful Mint Gum. Serving size is two pieces, and each serving has 2 grams of sugar, but the mint is so concentrated I only need one piece and it's been settling my stomach for hours at a time. Granted, I'm still going on week three and if I don't remember to pop a piece in every few hours I get sick again. I have a doctor appointment today to find out for sure if I need Met, so maybe I'll bring it to her attention again. Constant nausea is what initially prompted me to go see her in the first place, only to find out I had PCOS from all the other symptoms I was having but ignoring!

Thanks

Hi roxieliz, just wondering how your appointment went. I got ahold of my doc today and since I have no other symptoms, I can start my Met back again, at the lower dose until I reach the 2000 again. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing for me and the nausea doesn't come back.

At this point in time, I am not wanting to be pg so I haven't taken a ept yet, and told this to the nurse. However, if my period hasn't shown (usually doesn't) I will be testing to make sure before I take my provera. Other than that, the doc was wondering if it was just a slight case of flu since I haven't felt sick in the last 3 days.

Hope you find what is going on with you and things get better. I will have to try the gum next time. I love mint gum. The other thing I was going to keep around was ginger ale, but I wish that it came in those half cans like pepsi does.

Thanks

Default Here we go...

Well, the doctor said it was probably just another symptom. Good news though - she gave me a prescription for Met. I started last night, and aside from a little of what my fiance calls "dirty squirtys" (he's such a kid sometimes) I'm doing fine. Still a little sick to my stomach, but I guess nothing gets fixed overnight. I'm just waiting for my period to go away - it's been two and a half weeks this time. With only a week break before that. Ugh!

My problem with soda is that I can't drink most of the Diet versions out there - I'm ultra sensitive to Nutrasweet (aka Aspartame). It's gives me migraines. Which leaves me with Diet Rite with Spleda most of the time. And I don't think they have a Ginger Ale - although they at least have white soda which is better than nothing.

Thanks

Lightbulb Try this...

Peppermint Altoids work very well at settling my stomach. I believe it is b/c of the peppermint oil in it, but whatever, it works! Sometimes I pop a ginger supplement, but ask your dr. first. Better safe than sorry!
    270/??/170
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Thanks

Default This might not be something you want to hear...

but I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder about a year and a half ago and my symptoms were prety much like yours, Catherine (except I would have diarrhea rather than vomit). I started taking Paxil and I can't tell you how much it has changed my life!!

I too, would "think" myself sick when I didn't want to do things and then I think I trained my body to respond to stressful/uncomfortable situations by getting sick.

Just something you might want to consider!

Best of Luck to you!

~Thinky

Thanks

but I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder about a year and a half ago and my symptoms were prety much like yours, Catherine (except I would have diarrhea rather than vomit). I started taking Paxil and I can't tell you how much it has changed my life!!

I too, would "think" myself sick when I didn't want to do things and then I think I trained my body to respond to stressful/uncomfortable situations by getting sick.

Best of Luck to you!

~Thinky

Thanks

Best of Luck to you!

~Thinky

Thanks

Mostly those days are gone when I would use being sick. And usually it was just to get out of going to PE class. I hated that class. Hated dressing down, and running out of breath because I was too fat. I always felt like people were watching me. Now, in the summer I had no problem wearing shorts. I don't know, maybe it was more like I hated the teachers I always had. There were a few other times I would make myself sick, but now days if I do get sick it is for a reason. Thank god, cause I would hate to add another med to the list.

I am glad that you are better with the paxil and if for some reason this starts happening again I will remember and tell the doc.

As far as social situations, well, I stay away from most. Dh does a lot of things by himself unless I can stay in the jeep. I like to get to know people one on one before attending large groups. Most of the people I have gotten to know lately, I have nothing in common with so I tell dh I just don't want to go. He is always making excuses like I am sick. But I get tired of it, wish he would just tell them I didn't want to be there, lol. Anyway, I will keep the anxiety in my mind, for later. Thanks for the reply, it may be of use some day.