Thanks

Default Stomach aches and rotten egg burps! Help!

Ok this isnt actla me but my husband! He gets it off and on and it normally last a few days and he is just miserable during it. His stomach feels really weak and icky and what he desribes as preasure feeling. And when he burps he gets an AWFUL taste and it smells horrible strong like rotten eggs. I tried googling to see if i could find anything but wasnt really sure what to google and just "burping rotten eggs" did bring up much that would have anything to do with his tummy ickiness! Can anyone help!

Hidden Content

Blessed Be
    Mommy to katie 2 yrs old [12/00]
    Not yet diagnosed
    Ovarian Pain/cysts since 16
    overweight
    fatigue
    4 rptured cysts since 2001

Stays crunchy when wet PaintedDaisy's Avatar
    Thanks

Your husband should really see a doc. This is a symptom of many digestive problems, from gluten and wheat intolerance to parasites. The "rotten egg" smell/taste is from built up sulfur and the weak stomach is, I'm sure, do to irriation or a reaction to something.

Leila (28), DH (32)
    Darling girl E - 4/27/05
    Darling boy N - 4/1/08

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I get that gross belching thing whenever I absolutely overdo it with food. Eating too much ... way too much and obviously of the wrong kind of food. I'll also feel really bloated and gassy. Sometimes its just something I ate that didn't quite agree with me. For me, some antacid usually does the trick. I would also fast for the resy of the day, drinking only water or I may juice some celery and cucumber, which helps a bilious stomach.

Whats happening to your husband sounds a little more serious though.

I hope he finds out what the problem is.
    Hidden Content

220****215****210****205***Hidden Content 200****195****190****185****180!! FIRST MAJOR GOAL!

[Hidden Content

Thanks

To help get rid of it, temperarily, drink a baking soda cocktail, as mom calls it. On the back of the baking soda it should tell you how to make one for sour/upset stomaches. My mother gets them from eating too much popcorn, broccoli, cuccumbers, eggs, etc. Everyone wants to stay far from her when she is feeling this way. I have gotten this way a handful of times and it is no fun at all.

Then he should definetly see a doctor to rule out something more serious.

Thanks

Hi,
    My DH gets that when he eats pizza and some dairy foods. It could be a food allergy. We did give him some digestive enzimes and that helped but you know men - he stopped taking them but the issues has not come back yet - fingers crossed. It could be food allergy or disgestive disturbance. I say get it checked out!
  6. Sasha - 35
  7. DH Ed - 43
  8. DS Mad Max - 1/09
  9. Married - 4/1996
  10. Diagnosed - 6/2001
  11. Gluc - 9/2003

Repeat three times per day "I am a sweet and delicate flower"
    "Everything happens for a reason but we know not the reason - It's GOD's will!"
    "A loving and open heart conquers all"
    "Accept what comes to you until you get what you want"
    :-D

Thanks

I know just how he feels, but when it happens to me it was always a precurser to me getting a period. well i period, it usually lasted 1 to 2 days and the blood loss was minute.. i would get really nauseous, feel really weak, had accompanying diarrhea and then the wonderful eggy/sulphur burps. this would occur about 3 days before i had a period. then it stopped for a few years, and very occasionally i get the burps back, but i had been bleeding abnormally for 70 days.

i did see my GP about it and she had never heard of anything like it before.. i also searched on the net to see if anything came up, andnothing ever did until a few months ago, and it was a digestive problems message board, but i cant remember what it was called. the search i did was something like "why do i burp eggs / sulphur" .. i was so glad that someone else had experienced this odd thing.
    -------------------------------------------
    45(feels like 99 some days)
    Dx - pcos 1982
    Dx - diabetes 2 1999,
    Tx - metformin slow release 2000mg. Insulin 5 times a day

Loads of other medications.
    -------------------------------
    What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
    Aristotle...

Thanks

Go to the DOCTOR years ago my brothers flatmate told me about a trip to india where he caught some stomach bug that caused rotten egg burps and made him very unwell. he had to come back to the UK because of it and it made him jaundiced. i dont think it was toooo serious but better safe than sorry.
    Me(30) & DH(30) Married 15-09-07
    DD Born:9-13-08, 9lbs 22 inches

Hidden Content

Greed is good, greed is right, greed works!
    Join the Temple of Greed!

Thanks

This happens to me for a few reasons. If I am eating low carb for a while (ie way to much protein) Also, if eat too many artificial sweeteners - too much Diet Coke. Or, if my heartburn is acting up.

Thanks

Default Re: Icky eggs tummy

I had a bad tummy ache, bad egg burps, and really bad pain in my tummy area........went to doc.......turned out to be UTI that had gotten so bad it had become a kidney infection!!!!!!! Doc said had I waited another day I'd need to be put in the hospital! So take to a doc!
    Liz - wife, mother of three, dachshund caretaker

Thanks

my ex had the exact same thing!!! only his was from food poisioning he got really sick, throwing up every 5 mins etc so we took him to the er and about 48 hours later he had what you are describing and he had it for about a week (maybe even longer) and the dr said it was a parasite! and he had to take meds for it
    BJ (26) Kevin (27)
    DD Abby 4 years Hidden Content
    Phillip Nolan Born 7/24/2007 at 1:26 A.M.
    6lbs 15 oz 19.2 inches long
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content