Thanks

Unhappy Hidradenitis on underside of breasts

I have HS and I have a few reccuring cysts in my groin area, but right now those are okay. Lately I'm getting a lot of cysts on the undersides of my breasts. I have large breasts, so it gets hot under there (sorry, TMI). The cysts are awful. I have my annual OB appt next month, I'm going to talk to the Dr. about them then. My OB and family Dr are the same (small town). HS is so gross, it makes me feel so disgusting.

The cysts seemed a little better when I was on Met last year (but it killed my stomach). For the first 2 trimesters of my PG the cysts didn't flare up at all, then in the 3rd tri and since, they are bad again. I'm also getting them on the scar from my c-section.

Anyway, I just needed to vent about it. I know many cysters have HS, I've done a search on it on the board. But does anyone else specifically get it under their breasts?

I worry about breastfeeding DS, but the Dr. said it won't hurt him because it's not something contagous. I just make sure I put bandages over and leaking cysts (sorry, I know it's gross).

I was complaining to DH about the cysts last week and made the mistake of showing him my breasts. He really hurt my feelings. He said "yeah, it's gross. It's a real turn off. You need to see the Dr.". I cried and cried. I know it's gross, but he didn't have to say that. When I told him how much it upset me he said "you know if you saw the same thing on TV or something you would say that it is gross, I'm saying 'it's' gross, not you." I said "It is ME, or part of me anyway." I hate this stupid disease! I pray that my DS will never develop it.

Thanks for listening.
    Roo
    Me:30 DH: 34
    DS, Nicholas born 3/19/04

12/2002 DX PCOS symptomatic & IR
    (acne, obesity, excess facial hair, high blood pressure, high insulin level, Hidradenitis Suppurtiva)
    850MG Met BID (stopped at 27 wks pg); Hyzaar (for high BP)
    2 spoiled doggies

Thanks

I don't have it on my breasts but I get it in my groin area too (and around my stomach) and it leaves terrible scars, it looks awful down there, it is very embarrassing to me and I won't even let dh look. I hate going to have gyn exams because I know they are going to see it too I also am very worried about it because although I am not pg right now, when I do get pg both my mother and my mil want to be in the delivery w/me since they have never been able to see a baby born, and I would love to have them both in there, but I am so afraid of them seeing it too! I am not really helping any but I just wanted to say that I know how you feel. But you know, I think that dh probably regrets saying that now, and probably didn't mean it the way you took it, but you are right he didn't have to say that and he shouldn't have. I am so sorry that you had to hear that. He needs to love you the way you are, bumps and all, and men need to understand the things we are going through w/the ups and downs of pcos and the HS and give us extra support. He should be saying things to lift you up and make you feel better. I think the only way that you can let him know what you need is to sit down and have a talk w/him, not an attack, but a real talk to tell him how bad this hurt you and how bad you need him right now. Best wishes hon. Sorry you are having to deal with this. Hugs!
    It took 7 years but.we FINALLY did it!! BFP - 05/25/05
    Lucas Doyle - Born 02/02/06 - 7lbs 3oz 20.5in
    NOW (as of: 08/28/07) - 23lbs 12oz 33in!

Thanks

this may hurt you...but try squeezing peroxide or alcohol into them...i've seen that people use tea tree oil as well. Try wearing cotten bra if you havent tried that already. Remember that your breasts are bigger now because of the breast feeding. Hang in there. It sucks it really does. This is a problem that has really bothered me... i think more than any other symptom ( i am blessed not to have much excessive hair at all). This symptom is the one that makes me feel like less than a woman because i KNOW men would think what your husband said...and I can only imagine how that must have hurt. I agree with ramblinrose mention it to him...not a fight just mention it...he should love you w/ everything...and i'm sure he does but he just gave you his first reaction, which you didnt need to hear.
    Meds:
    Saw Palmetto
    Dong Quai
    Calendula
    Valerian
    Black Cohosh
    Dandelion Root
    Cinnamon
    Vitamin C
    Fe
    St John's Wort
    Chromium Picolinate
    Hidden Content

PCOS DX 6.7.04
    Hidden Content

A wonderful man luvz Hidden Content me...

Hidden Content [/size]

Thanks

Default Boils under breasts!

Yes, yes, yes...I have suffered these terrible sores under my breasts! For many years, I'm sorry to say. I have had them so bad I couldn't wear a bra, and I too am large breasted - so I had to call in sick to work! I have posted a few times about my experiences with boils - my doctor firmly believes they are a part of my insulin resistance. This was actually how my doctor began the search for pcos/diagnosis.

I found baby powder made with cornstarch to be helpful. Also, when a flare up is particularly gruesome, hot washcloth on it for 15 minutes every hour or more. As hot as you can take it. This will help it come to a head on its own. Don't ever try to pop it yourself or you could end up in the hospital with a raging staph infection! My doctor was emphatic on that. Also, when they under your breast that is near your heart....even more reason to be careful and not pop it!

Ultimately, when I lasted through the stomach upset on Metformin, I have had only 1 in 18 months...and even that one stayed beneath the skin and never poked through the skin. I am soooo thrilled with the metformin because it stopped my 15+ years of boils! I was on 1500 mgs (gradually upping my dose from 500 mg to 1000 in the 3rd week, going to 1500 after 5 weeks..and making sure to avoid eggs and salad....and making sure to always take with food....and avoid sugar, but having a carb with every meal) but have just recently jumped to 2000 mgs. I know you said you had difficulty with it, but knowing how awful these are, perhaps you could try metformin in a different form? They make extended release that some ladies seem to do well with...Good luck! I still have scars from where I had these miserable things...they are slowly fading. AmyK

Thanks

AK...use cocoa butter, and or vitamin E oil for the scars twice a day...and an exfoilator if you can take it GL HTH
    Meds:
    Saw Palmetto
    Dong Quai
    Calendula
    Valerian
    Black Cohosh
    Dandelion Root
    Cinnamon
    Vitamin C
    Fe
    St John's Wort
    Chromium Picolinate
    Hidden Content

PCOS DX 6.7.04
    Hidden Content

A wonderful man luvz Hidden Content me...

Hidden Content [/size]

My cup runneth over.... katydyd's Avatar
    Thanks

Still pretty new here..... what is HS?
    Hidden Content

Me - 31, DH - 32,
    Momma to Kaelyn (10), Devon (6), and Savanah (4)

The shortest distance from a problem to its solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The man who kneels before God can stand up to anything!

Thanks

Default boils under breast

I put cornstarch or powder under them and try to always stick to a cotton bra, I think this really helps for those of us who are well endowed in that area LOL
    Wholistic living
    Healthy Toxic free eating
    No presciption meds
    Herbs
    4 Furbabies

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi

Me too!! Gross isnt it? Mine always comes under my arms.

hs is - hidradenitis suppurativa, which is like lots of cyst like boils.

Eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Bump for more info
    http://hs-usa.org/home.htm
    Samantha 11/98 Hidden Content
    Connor and Madeleine 5/04 Hidden Content
    Shawn 1/07 Hidden Content