SoulCyster from NC Ms_Peaches_01's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chromium Picolinate - How much is too much?

I get these tiny little 500mg pills of Chromium from GNC. I take one a day, which is the recommended dosage. When I was on met, I was taking like 1500mgs. I'm wondering if it's okay to up my dosage of Chromium. Has anybody else tried that? If so, did it work?

Thanks..
    Peaches
    HCG rocks.
    70 pounds lost on HCG, 20 more to go.

Thanks

I personnally do not believe chromium picolinate is safe. It's very controversial because there has been studies where it has shown DNA damage. It's a very effective supplement but it might not be safe. If you still really want to take it, don't go over 400 mcg.

You could instead take chromium polynicotinate also called Chromate which is a safer form of chromium but still, don't go over 1000 mcg with this one. 1500 mcg is too much.

SoulCyster from NC Ms_Peaches_01's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you! What is the difference between Chromium Picolonate and Chromium polynicotinate? Can the Polynicotinate be taken with Biotin?
    HCG rocks.
    70 pounds lost on HCG, 20 more to go.

Thanks

Chromium polynicotinate is also called niacin-bound chromium because it's bound to the vitamin niacin. It's also chromium GTF ( glucose tolerance factor) which is a highly absorbable form. It's said to be as effective as chromium picolinate and much safer. Chromium picolinate is bound to picolinate acid ( not sure). Yes you can take chromium polynicotinate with biotin. Just do a search for ChromeMate or chromium polynicotinate and you'll find what you're looking for.