Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Smile buckwheat farinetta

There hasn't been much discussion about d-chiro-inositol lately, so i wanted to share my story. I have been making buckwheat farinetta muffins and eating one every day since the end of July (I came up with my own recipe). So far, no sign of AF, but my facial hair is almost completely gone! I used to pluck once or twice a day (even on spironolactone) and I still had a dark shadow on my chin and stubble by the end of the day. I stopped taking BCP and Spironolactone in May and it got even worse,(Right before my wedding--what was I thinking?)after about a month eating the buckwheat farinetta muffins, the hair on my face was disappearing--Now I barely have anything to pluck , and the dark shadow is gone. No stubble ever!

Thanks

Hi...Welcome to SC. Thanks for sharing what you are doing. Feel free to contact me if you wish. See you around.
    Cathy 36
    Lee 40
    Married Feb 12, 1994
    HSG Nov 2004
    Brandon Aug 8, 2005

Thanks

Wow. What's your recipe?
    xx Pale Pink Aura
    Hidden Content

DD (10) - conceived via IVF (FET) after 2 years of infertility treatment
    DS (6) - conceived after 2 years of natural therapies

Coeliac, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Meniere's Disease, PCOS.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Cathy! --Jennasmum--here is the recipe for the muffins, although you would have to eat 4 a day to get all the d-chiro-inositol that was in the original study (1325 grams I think). I am going to try to eat 2 a day and get more d-chiro-inositol from soy lecithin. I have been trying to research the amount of d-chiro inositol in lecitihin on the web, but so far I can't find anything.
    So here's the recipe:

1 1/2 C. Milk
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    3 C. buckwheat farinetta
    1/2 C. sugar
    5 tsp baking powder
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 C. applesauce
    2 Tbl spoons cinnamom (Cinnamon has been shown to help regulate blood sugar)
    1 tbl spoon ginger (optional, I just like it)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all wet ingredients, then add the rest and divide into 12 muffin cups--they will be very full, but they don't rise much. (Grease the muffin cups, or use those little papers) Bake 18-20 minutes.

Thanks

Default BUCKWHEAT FARINETTA??

Hi

I just read your message about making the buckwheat farinetta muffins. Can you tell me where you get the buckwheat from? I have seen a pancake mix in the grocery store but I am not sure if I would be getting the correct amount. Also you mentioned you were on Spironolactone. Did you have to monitor your potassium level with using both products? My dermatologist wants to put me on the Spiro and he said I will have to have bloodwork done every month and my blood pressure monitored. I am scared of going on a drug and then having to do all the monitoring. I am scheduled for my first laser treatment on the 28th and I will the doctor before my treatment. You help on the buckwheat farinetta would be appreciated. Thanks
    julie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 487 Posts

I am bumping this, I also want to know where you get the farinetta. Is it just buckwheat flour or is it processed/seperated/something?
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks

Default where to buy farinetta

Hi - I tried farinetta last year, and i bought it directly from the grower -- Minn Dak or something like that in one of the Dakotas. Try an internet search. Farinetta is different than buckwheat flour.
    Lisa, 35
    DH 36
    Dx 1995
    thin cyster

Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner! I got my buckwheat farinetta from Minndak--just do a google search and you will find it. I now add soy lecithin to the recipe (and leave out the applesauce)--about 1 & 1/4 cup so that each muffin has about half the d-chiro-inositol used in the studies I read.

And about the spironolactone--I was not monitored very often. Just once after I started it, and then just once a year when I went in for my annual exam. I am extremely sensitive to everything I take--if a side effect is listed, I'll get it! But I had no trouble on it--I know how scary it is to start a new drug, but I'd encourage you to try it!

Thanks

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I'll have to give this a try. Would you mind posting your most recent recipe?

Thanks!!!
    Kim

Thanks

Talking

Great, thanks for the recipe. How do you take the soy lecithin?

Got this link form a canadian cyster here you can find a great buckweat recipe book and lots of information.
    www.specialcrops.mb.ca

Love Helena
    Helena, 34, Sweden
    Meds: Gestapuran 100 mg every 3th month,
    Supplements: Multivitamins, siberian ginseng, arctic root, omega 3 and 6, evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, spirulina, zink, ginko biloba,
    Dx: PCOS, reflux, IR

Long term goal
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Would soba noodles also help?

Thanks

Can you also send me some info on the study? Do you have a link? name?

Thanks

This is how Minn-Dak explains Farinetta :
    Farinettatm
    • Fine granulation of mixture of aleurone layer of hulled seed and seed embryo, the richest parts of seed.
    I would guess that probably could use other similar buckweat products as well instead. I haven't found farinetta in sweden. But I can get the whole grains, flakes and flour.
    Helena, 34, Sweden
    Meds: Gestapuran 100 mg every 3th month,
    Supplements: Multivitamins, siberian ginseng, arctic root, omega 3 and 6, evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, spirulina, zink, ginko biloba,
    Dx: PCOS, reflux, IR

Long term goal
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Smile

I'm glad to see this thread again - I never did get around to making these and would love to give it a go. I'm diagnosed coeliac now and buckweat is one of the gluten free grains. Thanks again for posting!
    xx Pale Pink Aura
    Hidden Content

DD (10) - conceived via IVF (FET) after 2 years of infertility treatment
    DS (6) - conceived after 2 years of natural therapies

Coeliac, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Meniere's Disease, PCOS.

Thanks

Default Sourcing DCI etc in Australia

Hi, I am interested in trying d-chiro inositol, but can't afford to buy from chiral balance, especially with the AUD:USD exchange rate at the moment. I want to try carob syrup and buckwheat farinetta but can't seem to find anyone selling the farinetta in Australia. Does anyone have any pointers for tracking some down? Thanks very much for your help.